A Brief History
Georgian Manor Inn is a 27 room Georgian Revival style home. Designed by Vernon Redding of Mansfield, Ohio, the home was built in 1906 by John M. Vaughn for Dr. W. H. Merritt, a local dentist and his wife Mary Ford Merritt.
In 1945 the home was sold by the Merritts. During the subsequent fifty year period, the home was owned by five different local families. In 1995 the home was purchased by Judy and Gene Denney, the present owners and inn hosts. They purchased the home with the intent of restoring the spacious house to its original stately prominence, and to be shared with guests.
Now been restored to its original beauty and stateliness, the inn is filled with antiques, period reproduction and fine art works. Our guests have the opportunity of stepping back in time to a by-gone era of a more relaxing and elegant period.